Frank Luntz Pseudo Poll --by Lori Price
Ever get the feeling that rightwing pollsters are rigging the playing field when asking their vapid, fully "loaded" questions to the American public? For example, Republican pollster Frank Luntz's heinous and biased face is plastered all over cable TV's punditry landscape, pushing W-ar and Bush's dictatorship. Yet, Luntz is seldom introduced by his actual title, Republican consultant and Rove flunky extraordinaire. Frank Luntz is merely forced upon us as a "pollster".
Here is an an article revealing Luntz's true objectives:
Luntz memo exposes Bush's new green strategy The Republican party is changing tactics on the environment, avoiding "frightening" phrases such as global warming, after a confidential party memo warned that it is the domestic issue on which George Bush is most vulnerable. The memo, by the leading Republican consultant Frank Luntz, concedes the party has "lost the environmental communications battle" and urges its politicians to encourage the public in the view that there is no scientific consensus on the dangers of greenhouse gases. [*Luntz is the one who is continually trotted out as the polling pundit, as he was during coup 2000, etc. --conveniently failing to mention that he is a Republican consultant.]
Here is my version of a Frank Luntz poll, employing Luntz's typical phraseology:
1. Do you support America?
2. Do you support freedom?
3. Do you support our troops?
4. Do you stand by the President in times of national crises?
5. Would you like to see an end to the rape rooms in Iraq, even if that involves the use of military force?
6. Should the United States strike preemptively, or should we wait until Los Angeles is blown up in one of Saddam's giant nuclear fireballs?
7. Is it acceptable to carry out a "Shock and Awe" bombing campaign, or should Saddam Hussein keep on murdering children, just like Adolph Hitler did?
8. Is it acceptable for Al Jazeera to show American soldiers degraded as prisoners of war (keeping in mind that John Walker Lindh was a terrorist, so CNN re-airing video six thousand times of him naked and strapped to a gurney does not violate the Geneva convention, as Lindh was not a soldier, but a terrorist)?
9. Should war footage be censored, or should we jeopardize American lives during times of war?
Necessity of torture to protect the American way of life:
1. Do you think terrorists should be kept from destroying American cities?
2. Should civil rights be curtailed, or should we let terrorists blow up a nuclear power plant in America?
3. Do you support torturing terrorists for information if your six year old daughter's life depends on the terrorist's confession?
4. Should protesters be allowed to demoralize US troops by protesting during times of war, even if such demonstrations are Constitutionally legal?
5. Should we pass Patriot Act II to fill in the holes of Patriot Act I, to protect us from terrorism at home and abroad?
1. Should we drill in the ANWAR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge), or should we continue to be Saddam Hussein's slaves?
2. The military wants to remove environmental restrictions for Pentagon training exercises. Should a few turtles, fish, and birds die, or should US soldiers' lives be jeopardized?
The 2000 and 2004 elections:
1. Do you agree that the Supreme Court had to step in when it did and help with the election controversy, or should the election dispute have continued for several more years, with America's freedom at risk while we would have had no president?
2. Should Florida have recounted every chad and ballot, or was it better for the Supreme Court to make a lawful decision when it did?
3. For 2004, should we go with the new "touch screen" voting machines and no paper trails, or quadruple the national debt by demanding confusing paper trails?
4. On the new "touch screen" voting machines, should the programming source code be released to the public or be safely kept in pro-life, pro-America, pro-God, Senator Chuck Helgel's (R) hands, as he owns the companies that tally the votes?
5. Should we even know of such matters and codes or do you typically find computers confusing?
Democrats and other Communists' and subversives' issues:
1. Is this a time for Democrats to complain, or is this a time for national unity in time of war?
Lori R. Price
2K | HOME | THE
EVIDENCE MOUNTS | NEWS FROM THE FRONT!
| CALENDAR | PRESS