GOP to Counter Dem Convention
With New Strategy: It's the Obama, Stupid
by R J Shulman
– As the Democratic Party Convention opens today in Denver, the Republicans
are countering with a new campaign strategy to neutralize any momentum
Barack Obama might try and generate from the Colorado festivities. The
Post Times Sun Dispatch has obtained a copy of the memo which sets forth
the new Republican strategy.
Highly confidential - proprietary information
To: TOP CAMPAIGN MANAGERS
From: KARL ROVE
Date: AUGUST 25, 2008
Re: ITS THE OBAMA, STUPID
all know, the last time the Democrats won the White House it was due in
large part to the clever Clinton people coming up with the slogan, Its
the economy, stupid. We won the White House back with Its
the stupid, stupid, the idea Americans wanted a cuddly but dumb
President, a guy just as moronic as the guy you would sit and have a beer
with. McCain is just not that cuddly. As a matter of fact, the less the
American people know about the flip-flopping, war mongering, anger driven,
over the hill McCain, the better. So in order to get this race close enough
to steal, we have to make this campaign about how bad Obama is and that
McCain is not Obama. Hence the slogan -- "Its the Obama, stupid.
Heres our plan:
1. We must try and convince the American people that Obama is a Muslim
with a bad Christian preacher I dont have to tell how hard
it will be to overcome that kind of logic, but Fox News has us halfway
2. Convince those angry white females that Obama stole it from Hillary
and that she still has a chance again, this keeps the focus off
3. Keep hinting to America that Obama is an angry black man, without direct
reference to race use words like -- uppity or those
people as in 95% of those people will vote for him because
hes their kind, kind of candidate, that is.
4. Portray Obama, the guy who grew up in poverty and worked his way through
Harvard as the elitist, and not McCain, the guy who owns untold houses
and who married a beer heiress. Again should be impossible, but Fox has
us halfway there.
5. Convince the Americans that Obama is the flip-flopper, even though
its been McCain whos flopped more than a beached school of
6. Convince them Obama is for the same power structure in Washington and
that its McCain whos the maverick, even though he voted with
Bush 95% of the time again, the media is helping us with this one.
7. Saying Obama is responsible for the high price of oil for opposing
unrestricted drilling, and as such, Obamas position is worse than
that of drill anywhere McCain whos supported Bushs
disastrous energy policy that has increased our dependence on foreign
8. Saying the real candidate for hope and change in not Obama, but McCain
we are still working on this one.
9. Saying Obama is bad for America because he wont sing the national
anthem with his hand over his heart, and for America to ignore that McCain
sings Bomb-bomb-bomb Iran, with his hand on the button.
Again, if this election
has anything to do with McCain, we lose. If it is about the Obama we introduce
to America, we win, even if our candidate is a senile moron, who thinks
the cold war is still going on in Czechoslovakia.
So remember, my friends - Its the Obama, stupid.
R J Shulman
this page to a friend.
URL for this page: