You are here

Trump says the U.S. will cut ties with World Health Organization

Trump says the U.S. will cut ties with World Health Organization --Earlier this month, Trump threatened to permanently cut off U.S. funding of the WHO. | 29 May 2020 | President Donald Trump announced Friday that the United States will cut ties with the World Health Organization. "China has total control over the World Health Organization despite only paying $40 million per year compared to what the United States has been paying, which is approximately $450 million a year," Trump said during a press conference from the White House Rose Garden. "The world needs answers from China on the virus. We must have transparency. Why is it that China shut off infected people from Wuhan to all other parts of China," he added. "It didn't go to Beijing, it went nowhere else, but they allowed them to freely travel throughout the world, including Europe and the United States."